Friday, February 25, 2011

ahhh! must post update!

Oh my gosh, the one thing that killed me when applying for the CP was discovering blogs, and then seeing that they were NEVER UPDATED! So I swore that I wouldnt' do that, and here it is, a week later! ::hangs head in shame::  So my schedule has been...not crazy... but no joke, there were times I came home and took a 2-4 hour nap. I am NOT a morning person, and so having to get up 6:30am every morning the past 3 weeks has been killer.  Where did I leave off?  When I had my day.....5? I felt really good. I loved every minute of it, spent the whole time hanging out at Entrance 2 for Epcot, watching people count down to opening.  Even though the park opens at 9am, the greeters would start letting people in at 8:45am.  They guests would then walk past the EPCOT sphere to a new waiting area, but at least they were in the park! It was fun to see the greeters interact with the guests and help them pass the time. This period was Presidents Day so we were suuuper busy! Saturday they were estimating 30k people, Sunday was 45k, and Monday they were expecting us to hit 50k (I unfortunately don't know the real numbers). And I have to say the lines were craaaaaazy.  While fun, I would not necessarily recommend coming down to WDW for this weekend, unless you don't' mind waiting in line.  Umm.... For my tuesday off, I didn't do much besides go to my Hospitality Class, where I tried valiantly to suffer through. Sometimes, when you're just not in the mood to listen to people, that's when people can ask the stupidest questions.  Wednesday, I went with some of my roommates to Typhoon Lagoon and had a blast! We get in for free until the end of February. After March 1st, we can get in at a discounted rate.  Luckily this week it was in the 80's so it was great!
Right now it's been a little difficult in Photopass as I'm not really trained for anything.  Dispatch keeps having to find special areas for me as I'm not night trained yet (so I can't extend) and I'm not character trained, nor am I view trained (where people can purchase their photo's in the park).  My night training takes place tomorrow night (hooray! night shifts!) from 1pm - 9:30pm.  While I'm happy about sleeping in, this means no going to parks after I get off, and also I have to fight for a spot on the bus. I have a friend who works the night shifts at Soarin' and he says that it can be a real dogfight to get on the bus. Right now, sometimes I'm the only one to grab the bus at 2:30pm.  So I don't know if I want to sleep in, or if there are better perks to waking up early and working then.  I guess we'll see.  Yesterday I spent most of my day at Test Trak helping people scan their photo's to their cards.  This can be frustrating as sometimes people dont want you to help, even though they're doing it wrong, and then their photo goes away.  It's a real adventure in practicing patience, or how to communicate with people when you dont speak a common language.  But this is what I came for, the people connection!  From working Test Trak, I've decided I need to learn how to say, "I'm sorry, the camera broke" in Japanese, French, Spanish and Portuguese.  Because sometimes the pictures don't come through (and we can all imagine why they might be pulled...)

No comments:

Post a Comment