Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Check-in Day rewind

Check-in day.  Wow! I can't believe that it was yesterday already! I had been waiting for it for so long, and now Im sitting in my apartment, getting ready to go to my first Disney class, Advanced Hospitality Management in..... 45 minutes!! I'm not going to go over everything, because there's a TON of blogs out there that go over it, but I'll touch on the basics:

First off, my check-in day had about 350 people check in.  My roommies and I met at Vista at about 6:30am, and there were only about 15 people there ahead of us.  At this point we were just grouped together under a tent, but as the small tent filled up, Security had us move over to the sidewalk and stand in a line.  If you are bringing luggage, try to actually NOT bring it with you to check in.  It was just bulky, and luckily one of my roommies had her hotel room for two more days, so some of us stashed our bags there before walking to Vista.  At about 7:45am a Disney employee came out (on a segway!) and told us that shortly they would let us in, and told everyone where the parents should go, and where we would go.
At 8 am they let us proceed on to the next stage.  Unlike other check-ins I saw, nobody ran, which was nice, but I was ready to sprint!  I was up in the front group, and got in really early.  As soon as we got to the next stage, we got little sticky nametags and went right in. We then were broken up into little groups and filled out some basic paperwork. Don't worry if you're not with your roommates at these little tables, just make sure that you're all done at the same time and wait for them to walk through to the next room.  That's where you pick you're room, and they will make you wait for everyone in your group that you want to room with.  We have a later arrival date and really wanted a 3 br in Chattham, but there were none.  We were the second group to pick our room, and even the girl who was the very first one up was not able to pick a 3 br.  (There were 2 br, however).  There were 3 br in Patterson and Vista, and even though my roomies and I had SWORN that we didn't want Vista, we chose Vista over Patt, lol!  And after having been here for a day, I love it! Yeah, the kitchen isn't new, and we dont' have that cool food pantry like the other newer places, but it's really nice (although the beds are hard and squeaky, as they're apparently covered in plastic....)

okay, i have to get ready for class so I'll finish this up later...

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna book the Sunspree for two nights now just so I can leave my bags in there lol.

    ReplyDelete