Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ack! Where was I....?

Okay, so we checked into Vista, and because we were so early and so far up front, we flew through the paperwork.  We were on the 8:30am bus (which left at 9am) and we were done by about 10:30am.  We flew through the paperwork and the finger printing.  We returned to Vista way and moved into our apartment.  We had about 3 hours to unpack and then we were off to our apartment housing meeting, which was at 2:45 (I think...).  The housing meeting was.... slow.  They have some hokey movies you sit through and I'll admit, it's kind of dry, so if you're going, bring something to draw on or something to eat in order to stay awake.  The meeting was two hours and then we were back to the apt's.  It definitely pays to get there early, as we were the first bus for everything. The late arrivals had to wait to have their housing meeting on Tuesday, so to me it seems like they lost a day.  We had a full day of meeting and then a full day to ourselves, while they had half days.
Tuesday was technically a day off, but I had the option to pre-register for classes before arrival, and it just happens that my class was on Tuesday.  So while the roommates headed off to Walmart (note: this place will ALWAYS be cleared out on arrivals day, and for a few days after) I was off to my Advanced Hospitality Management class from 1:30-5:30.  If you want to get a look at Disney and how they do guest services, complete with field trips and guest speakers, take the Exploring Guest Services class instead.  The Hospitality Management class is all work and more theory.  There are no field trips or guest speakers, lol.  But I still think I'll get something out of it, so I'm sticking with it.  Also, this means I'll probably get to sleep in on Tuesdays (or use that day as laundry day, but I think we all know what I'll actually do...)
Today was traditions! The beginning where we went over the rules was a liiiiiiitle slow. But afterwards we had 2 great presenters! I had Joe and Jason and they were kind of cheesy at first, but they grew on me.  :)  We went over the past, present and future of Disney, poked around Magic Kingdom for a little bit, received our nametags and of course got our passes for getting into the parks for free! (the pass to get friends and family in will come in 2-3 weeks).  Afterwards some of us went to Target and then on to exploring Disney Hollywood Studios! It was so cool to finally see the sorcerer hat! There was barely anyone there. We rode Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror (which is slightly different from the Disneyland one), Great Movie Ride, Muppets 3D, and then we saw Fantasmic, which was a great ending to today!  I have Thursday off, so some of us (from the picture at right) are off to Disney Animal Kingdom tomorrow, and then there's a welcome pizza party that night as well.  More pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment