Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Schedule so far: weird or lucky?

So I feel like I've really lucked out with my schedule so far, with the exception of a  few minor issues.
This has been my life so far:
Monday 2/7: Arrival, meetings, done in the afternoon, dinner at Raglan Road
Tuesday 2/8: Class from 1:30-5:30, Group dinner at Ohana's
Wednesday 2/9: Traditions from 8:15am-12:30pm, Play at DHS, complete with Fantasmic
Thursday 2/10: Day off, play at DAK all day
Friday 2/11: Welcome to Entertainment class with other Photopass ppl, 8:30am-5pm (exactly!)
Saturday 2/12: Day off, slept in and then picked up our costumes (which was slightly confusing)
What's coming up:
Sunday: Day off, will play in either MK or Epcot
Monday: Training from 9am-6pm
Tuesday: Training 9am-6pm   OFF! Go to class 1:30-5:30
Wednesday: Training 9am-6pm  OFF!
Thursday:  Work 8:15-2:45pm  Training 9am-6pm
Friday: off!!  Training 9am-6pm
Saturday: Discovery Day at Epcot 8-12 (i think this is the day where I get a tour of Epcot...)

An issue here is that I have training on Tuesday, but my class also takes place on Tuesdays.  I have called my trainer (as instructed to do by my teacher) to let her know of the situation, but so far I haven't heard back from her.  I have a feeling that she'll call me back on Monday, but I would choose my training over class, because I really want to get into taking photo's!!!!
Hmm... Well as you can see, my supervisor actually got back to me, and they were nice enough to move my training days.  While I appreciate it, I feel like I'm behind here! Several of my photopass friends are training this weekend, while I have to wait for monday, and now I work a day  and have two days off until my last two days of training. I know I should just sit back and enjoy all this time off, as I wont have it later, but it's hard.  But oh well! I can thoroughly explore EPCOT now and all the other parks!! :)

Many people have been training FOREVER!! My suitemate Tracy is a Vacation Planner and her schedule is training for 7 days straight. Her roommate Traci is also a photopass and she started her Photopass training Today, whereas I start on Monday.  At the same time, some people just had Traditions today, five days after we arrived (I heard these are people who's background checks took longer than usual) but they weren't able to go to the parks, because you get your park card during Traditions.  So unfortunately they've just been hanging out at the apartments.  (also, I have decided to call that card the Magic card, as it is what you show to get yourself into the parks and to receive your discount. It is not the same as your id card for the apartments)

So far my experience with the buses has been mostly positive, with some issues.  One night we got trapped at the TTC because the 10pm bus skipped us to pick up all the MK workers at the 2nd stop, the 10:20pm bus seriously went MIA and mercifully the 10:40 bus showed up.  However we had been waiting there for quite a while at that point, and it was REALLY cold.  The weather has been so weird, as when I first arrived, it was humid and warm and we ran the air conditioning, and now I'm living in sweatshirts. BUT IT'S NOT HOT!!! and that's all that matters right now.

Note: When first picking up your costume, bring something to carry it in!! Overall, I walked out of costuming with 3 work shirts, 2 vests, 2 pair pants, 1 pair shorts, 1 belt, 1 blue safari hat, 1 fleece jacket.  And then I went back toTTC, waited for the bus, got on, made a couple stops, and then got stuck in commute traffic.  And the driver didn't have a really good relationships with the buses brakes... lots of halting stops.  Oh well, I'm not paying for gas! I think I'll make a separate post for pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment