Sunday, February 6, 2011

T-1 day....

So I made it to Orlando!! Everything went great with flying.  The plane left EXACTLY on time (how often does that happen?) and landed 20 minutes early. When I woke up that morning, I realized that I hadn't check-in online for my flight, so I did it right before I went out the door.  Turns out my flight wasn't sold out and they had an AMAZING deal to upgrade to first class, and after talking it over with my mom, I totally took the deal!! That may be one of the best choices I ever made, lol.  Because I did, I didn't have to pay for either of my two checked bags, nor did I have to pay for food or drinks! And man was the food good. :)  My seat was huge and I couldn't even touch the chair in front of me with my foot, I had that much leg room.  Definitely made my five hour flight more than bearable (I don't really fly well... lol).
I have a friend from college who moved out to Orlando so he totally volunteered to pick me up at the airport, and dropped me off at my hotel, The Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista (formerly Sunspree, they changed their name).  He had to drop me and run because he had a dinner date with his fiance's family.  My room is pretty big, I have two queen size beds (one for each night!) and my room faces the back parking lot.  Not exactly an ideal view, but it sure is quiet! And that's all that matters. 
I have to admit that I had a little moment, alone in my room, where I thought to myself, "What am I doing here?"  I get really stressed out traveling ,and the traffic was kind of bad getting out here (enough to make me NOT want to bring my car, but I"m sure that will change....) and then I got lost in the hotel.  Who get's lost in the hotel?! And it was warm.  I mean, 93% humidity and i HATE humidity.  Hence, the "what am I DOING here?" moment.  But I called my parents and they totally made me feel better (while I made them worried, lol) but with some encouragement, pulled myself together and agreed to give Florida more than an hour's chance.  I saw on facebook that I had been sent a message from Tracy from the fb group, who was also staying in the hotel, and we met up down in the lobby.  Neither of us had been to Downtown Disney, so we decided to head off out there.  The hotel said they would call us a taxi so we proceeded to wait for about 10 minutes, when a limo pulls up.  Tracy said to me, "wouldn't that be funny if that was our taxi?"  AND IT WAS!!! There was a stretch limo for just the two of us!! LOL It didn't even say taxi on the side. It was about a 10 minute ride down and was only $15. He gave us his card if we wanted to go back, but we ended up just taking a regular yellow cab home, as they were right there and we wouldnt' have to wait.  So we strolled around DD for about 2.5 hours going into EVERY store we could see.  I even got Tracy to purchase her first Vinylmation figure!! She may be addicted now... As it got closer to 11:30pm, we started wandering back to where we had been dropped off. We were saying to ourselves, gosh, I thought DD was bigger.... We found a map and discovered that in the 2.5 hours we had seen less than 1/4th of the area! It was a really great night and I'm so glad I was able to finally meet Tracy.
Today more people are arriving from my check in date, including my roommate, so I can't wait to meet everyone! What to do till then..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment