Friday, March 4, 2011

A rainy day (short update)

So today was a lot of fun, and not for the reasons I' would have expected.  First, I made dinner today before heading off to work, which was both good and bad. The bad was that I TOTALLY almost missed the bus because I thought it came 10 minutes later than it did.  Luckily I looked before it was too late, but still only had 10 minutes to get dressed, grab said dinner and run to the bus. And I mean I sprinted, only to discover that the bus was PACKED. (Note to self: Do not take the 3:09pm bus to Epcot.  Take the earlier bus) Luckily people shifted and made room for me, but I honestly thought the driver was going to ask me to wait, and then I would have been late. The good part was that my dinner was AMAZING!! :) Totally worth it (I made noodles in alfredo sauce with chicken).  Eating that tonight made the panic not so bad.
Another good part was that it's Flower and Garden festival right now, and the topiary's are so cool! We have Toy Story 3 up front, with Cars 2 in the back. Sprinkled throughout the park are other characters such as Belle, the Fab 5 of course, and Winnie the Pooh and Friends on the backside of Spaceship: Earth. Because TS3 is up front, they have changed the entrance music to the TS soundtrack, so that's fun to listen to. We'll see if that joy lasts the whole festival through May. (edit: it did not, lol!)
I closed tonight and we had Extra Magic Hours (EMH) so we were open until midnight. I was supposed to close backside (by myself!) however then the rain came through!!! I had just set up when it began a heavy mist. I covered my camera with the detachable hood from my poncho when people weren't having their pictures taken, which was quite often. It's amazing how people don't want to get wet ;)  However then it really began to rain. I called base and they said to hang out to see if it would stop. I waited about 10 minutes under the overhang, and the rain only got heavier.  The really cool part (that just totally made my night) was that I was standing next to Bambi's Butterfly House (which was installed just for F&G) and what song was currently playing? The "April Showers" song from the movie! It was so cool to stand there in night and watching all the guests run about in the rain, and I couldn't help the big grin on my face. I'll admit it, I waited for the song to finish before calling it quits and heading in.  Base sent me to the camera store (called the View Room) to hang out the rest of my night.  I have more to post about night shifts, but that's for another time. I should have photo's coming soon of the topiary's, but for now, enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. How perfect was the timing of that? I can just picture people scurrying with the music playing in the background. And it sounds like it was the right kind of night for Chicken Alfredo too!

    ReplyDelete