Monday, March 28, 2011

Drip drip drop and the rain is falling...

Hmm.. I've managed to get behind a bit, so this post is going to be a summary and catch up at the same time.  I've gone back and re-read my old posts and there's some weird stuff I want to elaborate on.

First off, we're having some CRAZY weather right now.  This morning at 4:50am a lightening and thunder storm moved through.  How do I know it was at this exact time? Because of the HUGE crash of thunder that had me flying out of bed.  And I'm not even joking about that. It was so loud that literally my arms and legs were flying everywhere as my body flew upwards. The dork that I am (after unplugging my laptop and iphone from the wall) went straight to facebook to post about it, where a bunch of us from Vista and Chatham had a great conversation about how we all almost peed ourselves, lol.  The thunder continued for several hours, and one at like 10am was so loud that it sounded to me like a gun shot.  It has not stopped raining yet today, and I'm going to call in to base to see if they still need me to come in today.  There are only a few EPCOT rain locations so I'm not sure what they'll do with all of us.  We shall see how that goes.  Work has been kind of slow for me.  Don't get me wrong, there are LOTS of people in the parks right now as we're going through spring breaks, but because I"m not character trained, there are only so many positions I can work.  3 at entrance, the view room, 3 at backside and test track.  I won't even list how many character locations there are, let's just say there are more character spots than non character spots.  But after thursday this won't be a problem!! Yay! However, there have been several days where I haven't taken a single picture. :(  The other night at the View was hard because I had a family from India who spoke English with a really thick accent and we spent 45 minutes on 4 pictures.  They were really nice but I felt bad because the line behind them was super long.  I'm usually really good with accents, able to understand them really well, but this one was hard.  They left happy though, and that's all that matters.

Back tracking
So, first off I referenced my car in MANY previous posts, and at this moment I do not have it and so far don't regret it.  It's been almost two months (eek!) and it's okay.  I know several people with cars so we've gone some places. I have taken the bus to Wal-mart, and it wasn't that bad! (just make sure you go on a day when there are 2 buses running, instead of only one.  That way a bus comes every 30 minutes, rather than once an hour.) It IS a challenge to get on the EPCOT bus at night. It can be a crush of humanity to get on, which is stupid, and a few times I have been one of the last ones allowed on and we've left people behind, but there's a bus every 20 minutes or so, so you're not stuck forever.  I do want to still go out to the beach and to the space center, so I'm trying to find a day where I'm off and so is my roommate Traci, who has a car and could perhaps be bribed to go out there. :)

Item Two: So originally before I came down here, I had a set of roommates. Chelsea and her roommate June, Me and my roommate Hillary, and two other girls who I didn't know at all. We had hooked up on the FB page and agreed to room together.  Now if you go back to my post about when I originally arrived, I met up with Tracy, who I kind of knew from the FB page, and we went to Downtown Disney in the taxi-limo.  The next day was the Super Bowl and Hillary and Chelsea flew in.  Hil, Chels, me, Tracy and HER roommate Traci (we call them T2...) all went out to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game and discovered we REALLY hit it off.  T2 had their own set of roommates (2 other girls) and of course we had ours.  That night we all decided that we would rather all room together, and I will admit that while it was REALLY hard to let the girls know the night before that we were breaking the agreement, it may be the best thing I have ever agreed to.  They are so much fun to hang out with. Tracy is from Chicago while Traci is from El Paso, and we've taken to calling them by their first and middle name to differentiate who we're talking to, lol.  (As a side note, we actually lost June the first day.  She's from China and her government visa hadn't cleared fully in time.  Disney sent her home but she was able to come back two weeks later on the 21st when her work Visa had arrived in the mail. Mary ended up joining us as a room move from Chatham and she's really cool, so we lucked out! :) )

Things I wish I had brought: MORE T-SHIRTS!!!!! Seriously, I do not have enough normal clothes to go out in.  Even if I'm not going to the parks everyday, I hang out with my friends and I hate putting on the same clothes all the time. I've acquired a few Disney shirts (of course!) but seriously! Try to bring at LEAST 10 shirts, lol.
I wish I had brought more shoes.  My feet are tired of the same work shoes, tired of the same tennis shoes, and I don't really have any shoes I want to go out to the clubs in.  Which is another thing. There is a party bus almost every night that picks up outside of Vista Way, but my roommates and I decided that we don't dress..... ahem... in the types of clothes that everyone wears on the bus.  Yes, that's putting it diplomatically.  So if you like going out, bring your best dress clothes because EVERYONE goes on the party bus!! :)
A cork board. Okay, I don't wish I had packed it, but I need one.  Price Management is serious about onlyh putting stuff on cork boards, which is STTUUUUUPPID.  I mean, have you watched the e-presentation? You know that lovely decorated room with the curtains and the stuff on the walls? Yeah, none of that is allowed. No curtains, no posters on the wall. You can't even put a calendar on the wall, which, wait for it.  You are allowed two holes in you wall to hang a cork board, on which everything is to be hung from.  Hillary has a calendar on her wall.  JUST a calendar, and they docked us on our inspection and we didn't get the white glove award.  SO, I can have two holes for a cork board, but i can't have one hole from which a calendar hangs?  No ticky -tack, no push pins, no stickers (which I totally have on my wall, haha!!) no command hooks.  You get a cork board.  So my goal is to now find a GIANT cork board and put all my pins on them, as I have acquired quite a few....

Ahhh! This post is so long! I love to talk, that's probably why I love my job so much. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment