Thursday, April 14, 2011

Work related post :)

So I left of with Minnie's camera issues, which did plague me the rest of my shift with her.  The coordinators were out there with me trying to trouble shoot it to no avail, and we went through a new pda battery, a new cable, and a new pda.  Eventually we just gave up and i just kept resetting the camera.  During one of the good period's though, I took this great photo of this cuuuuute baby girl.  She had obviously just learned to walk and was playing with Minnie when she turned around and saw me taking her picture.  She got this huge grin and started walking towards me.  I jumped back and zoomed in really close, taking a picture of her walking towards me with Minnie blurred out in the background.  It was soooo cute, i was really happy with it :) Hopefully the family will be too.
I seem to work with Mickey A LOT!! It even got to the point that the coordinators were laughing on the phone,s saying that he personally requests me.  I wish!! However, it's really just the luck of the draw.  Mickey really sets the pace for everyone else afterwards.  If I take a long time taking pictures at Mickey, then that slows the line down to get in, and yet allows the crowd in C Spot to thin out through the other four characters.  Its' not too nerveracking, but I know understand why some people only end up with 2 photo's with Mickey, while other's will get like 4 or 5 photo's with the other characters.  Especially if people don't have any sort of interaction before the posed shot.  We're supposed to get shots of guests when they first see the character, then the hug/interaction between them, then the posed, then the goodbye. But if a guest just walks up and stands next to mickey, then I only get those two shots, especially if they then walk off with only a wave.   (there's going to be a pet-peeve post coming soon, of stuff I wish guests either knew or didn't do so that I could take great photo's, lol).
Let's see.... Last friday I had my shift out in World Showcase, and I REALLY lucked out!!! There are around 4 locations, and I pulled the only one that has shade!!! Because it was REALLY REALLY humid.  I actually went out with two water bottles and drank both of them, lol.  I was at World Showcase spot 4, which is on the bridge leading to France.  I had a really good time because I was really close to where the British Invasion band sings, so I was rockin out to Beatles music every other hour for 45 mins. :) Beats the Toy Story soundtrack, lol. However, I was also right next to Great Britain, which I swear only has 4 songs on their soundtrack, and most of them consist of Greensleeves. That song can get really annoying fast, lol.  This location was on Tripod the whole time so there were no creative shots; just placing people so we could still see parts of France and the Eiffel Tower in the background.
That's really all the work related stuff I have. Another post will be coming up with fluff where I'll talk about hours, inspection, water parks and just general comments. Today I work from 15:45-22:15, only six hours, which really sucks.  Everyone has a lot of hours due to spring vacations and park occupancy, except for me. :( So it's ramen and pb&j sandwiches for a while. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having fun :) I can't wait for the pet peeves post. I want great Photopass pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Emily, I'll have to get on those!! Sometimes it's just simpler things that will make it easier for us, but many have to do with if you have kids. I'm going to ask all my coworkers for their opinions on what makes a great experience before I post my list. :)

    ReplyDelete