Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I work with a real bunch of characters....

So I have to say that i LOVE working with the characters (although people look at you weird when you say, "Today was cool, I shot Minnie" to which my friend responds, "that's cool, she had it coming"...) I don't think I have ever taken so many photo's in my life.  In fact, I'm sure of it.  The last time was when I went to Vietnam and Cambodia for 2.5 weeks and shot 13 rolls of 36 exposure film... On my first day of character shots, I took 588 photo's while working with Minnie for 2.5 hours.  It was crazy!! Luckily, my trainer from WAAAAAY back in February had advised me to pick up Tender Tape. I hadn't had to use it before now, but luckily I always carried it in my backpack and so taped up my thumb before hitting the floor. Due to how I hold my camera, I pivot it around my thumb.  After Minnie ended, I discovered that I also need to tape up my middle finger, also on my right hand, as apparently I support most of the camera weight with that finger/hand. I guess I don't use my left hand for anything when it comes to holding the camera.  Now that I"m aware of it I"m trying to use my left hand more for support, but in the mean time, I tape up my thumb and finger.
The next day (day 2) I pulled the Fairies right off the bat.  Oh man, talk about intimidating! Due to the closing of ToonTown, the fairies have temporarily been moved to EPCOT. I spent 3 hours with Tink and Terence, and Vidia and Rosetta before my 15 min break. I then moved to the man himself, Mickey, where I spent the rest of my shift (just under three hours).  Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to how many photo's I took that day, as when you change out your pda batteries, it resets your data.
Sunday brought some frustration, but some cool photo's! I first pulled Goofy, who sometimes was in a great mood and super playful with the guests! Although this caused the line to back up quite a bit... Sometimes after Goofy went to check his fishing hole, he came back and just seemed to get through the line. With Goofy, I took 463 photo's in an hour and a half.
After Goofy I actually pulled Minnie again, where I had a lot of camera difficulties.  The camera wasn't communicating with the PDA, which means that the pictures weren't' uploading onto the guests cards.  In this case I have to then take a photo of the back of the guests cards so that when QA sees it, they know to put the previous photo's onto that card. Unfortunately it took me one family to realize what was going on, and so there's a family out there that didn't get their pictures, and another family who now has a strange family on THEIR card. :(

Ooop...I have to run to go to Blizzard beach, so i'll finish this later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment