Thursday, April 5, 2012

Special Moments

So I forgot to mention some really fun/funny moments from yesterday.
The first actually happened at Typhoon Lagoon, where I went with my friend Mackenzie. We were floating down the lazy river and it was breezy. Leaves had been falling on us and into the river. I was floating in an  innertube when I felt something land on my thigh. Not thinking much of it, I lifted my head to look at this leaf, and discovered that it was NOT a leaf, but in fact a green tree lizard, staring right at me. Now, before I continue, I'd like to mention that I am not a girly girl. I played waterpolo in highschool and paintball with my dad. Last college program, I actually had guys ask me to come and remove spiders from their rooms. Yet when I saw this lizard, I had full on freak out, complete with hand flailing, and according to Mackenzie, a blood curdling scream. As I was thrashing about, I felt the lizard run up my leg and across my stomach, where he discovered we were currently surrounded by water. He then ran down my other leg, stopping at my knee. It was about this time that I realized he couldn't do anything to me, and probably desperately wanted off. So as Mackenzie laughed and laughed, I stuck my leg straight out (en pointe) and paddled my way to the shore, where the lizard proceeded to run further down my foot, eventually leaping from my toes into the dirt on the shore. It was probably the funniest thing that has happened to me in Florida.

The second moment happened later when I was working the PAC shift. It was a short time between the marching bands and the electrical light parade. I was wandering back and forth on the street when I came across a group of like 8 girls, made up of different groups of guests, all sitting together on the ground. One girl asked how long until the next parade. I responded that it would be in 7 minutes. "oh." I talk to some of the other girls for a bit when the girl asks, "How many minutes now."
"Well now there's six minuites!"
"oh....How many now?!"
"5 minutes, 30 seconds."
Another girl looks at me and says, "Can you just stay here and count it down for us?!"
I said no, because then it would seem like it would take forever! I wandered off down the street, keeping an eye on the time. Right before 9, I started making my way back to the group with a plan, when the announcer comes on the loud speaker, introducing the parade (and, I thought, ruining my plan). I get back to the group and say, "Guys! Guess how many minutes now?!" And at this moment, all the lights go off on main street. Oh my gosh, I was not expecting that to happen and I could not have planned this any better. I mean, I found myself thinking, 'Stuff like this doesn't happen in real life!" All the girls yell out, "ZERO!!!" which I echoed back to them, and then continued on to my parade spot. I felt pretty damn cool :D

No comments:

Post a Comment