Saturday, January 8, 2011

One month!!

Eeeee!! I have one month til I start my job! I can't believe how close it is, especially since I started this process back in the middle of August, five months ago!!! It's quite intimidating to think how different my life will be in a month.  I have had the same job for four and a half years, with the same people. But I'm looking forward to the adventure that awaits me.

So when I last wrote, I mentioned that I had to talk to my Fin. Aid ppl as well as Admissions, and boy am I glad I did!  I mainly went to Admissions to ask if I could get credit for any of the Disney courses.  I had previously gone to Academic Counseling, and sadly spent the whole time explaining the DCP to my counselor rather than find any answers to my questions, so I didn't have much hope for Admissions. Sure enough, Admissions couldn't answer my questions either, but did ask if I had been to see Work Study (WS).  Huh?  So I troop over to see them and low and behold!! They knew EXACTLY what I was talking about!!! In fact, there is (well, was) currently a student doing the Fall 2010 program!  Yay! Finally some answers.  In talking with the WS counselor, she told me that I could get 8 units of WS through my school, which means I wouldn't need to take any online classes in order to hold off any Financial Aid re-payments.  (Which turned out to be great, as she also advised me that the classes I had chosen were going to be A LOT of work).  In the end, I just signed up for 6 units of WS, which means nothing besides the fact that I saved like $50.  :)  I have to have a set supervisor in WDW that is willing to communicate with my counselor back here in CA, and I have to set goals which I'm not really clear on just yet (....take a picture of an engagement?) but I have another meeting with her before I leave, so we'll knock those questions out. :)  SO! Check out your work study department if you're looking to stay enrolled without having to worry to much about grades!

I've started packing already, and I have to say that you need to be careful not to overpack! First off, no matter when your program is, the weather is going to change.  For me, it's really cold in Florida right now, so I'm packing warm clothes, and taking a few sets for the warmer weather.  I am leaving a box of items I want my parents to ship out to me later, when I have an address.  (I think I talked earlier about driving, but ultimately decided to fly out and am in the process of looking at prices to ship out my car.  I love my car, but it has some....issues.  Like the fact that it totally runs out of oil after 2,000 miles... ultimatley it just seemed safer to ship it out, rather than drive it out the 3k+ miles.)  Since I'm flying, I'm watching what I'm packing.  My goal is one check-in bag, and one carry-on.  If you're flying, always pack an extra change of clothes in your carry-on, just in case something happens to your checked bag.  Also, the one thing that several people have said is that they brought too many business style clothes, and not enough "normal" clothes.  On the other side of that, some people have said they brought too many clothes period, as they spend most of their time in costume, lol!

Hmm... this post ended up a bit longer than I planned, so rather than post a group of past pics, I leave you with this shot I took of the Eiffel Tower.  Which is okay, since I bet you're not reading this blog to learn about my past adventures. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment