Sunday, November 14, 2010

So how did I get here...?

Really, that's a great question.  I didn't even know about the Disney College Program until my sister came home and announced she was applying.  She ended up getting through and was offered a Merchandise position for the Disneyland CP for Fall 2010 (which she sadly does not have a blog, because the stuff she has lived through down there has been interesting...)  I decided that I would much rather try for the Disney World CP, as I had never been.  There is a class I HAVE to take in the Fall of 2011 so that was out (boo, no holidays in Disney).  So as my sister spent this summer working for Disneyland, I waited anxiously for the Spring '11 apps to open up.

The Process
I had my interview on August 25th, and I actually walked away a little disappointed.  Even though I had written notes to myself on things I wanted to especially mention, I TOTALLY went off on a tangent and ended up talking about my work at Humboldt State University (duties similar to an RA, but not in charge of anyone) rather than talking about my CURRENT job in the hotel industry here in Napa, CA.  This is major, since I only applied for three roles: Concierge (which I was pretty sure I wouldn't get, but decided to dream big) Front Desk/Hospitality and Photopass.  I really really wanted the Hospitality role, as I felt I had a lot of experience in mollifying guests.  Anyways, I feel like I gave good answers, and actually didn't get any role / scenario questions that most people seem to get.  I received an email informing me I was pending on September 13th, and that I would have a decision sometime before December 10th.  Thus began one of the longest waiting periods of my life, which would be filled with frustration, disillusions, heartbreak (to be detailed) and finally, absolute excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment